Open house SCOOT
Want to learn more about how robots explore the oceans to give us information about unexplored areas? Want to join a mini mission in the archipelago?
Meet experts and technicians; see the robots and the data they deliver. Come and discuss with us and learn more about ocean data and ocean observation technology. There will presentations and demonstrations, and an opportunity to join Sweden’s most advanced ocean surveying company for a mini-mission on board M/S Askholmen. We are especially welcoming everyone interested in automation and new ideas about data from the ocean.
"Meet the ocean robots" is a drop in event between 10:00 and 16:00 with open workshops, demonstrations and presentations. Meet the experts and technicians, see the robots and the data they deliver. Come and discuss with us about how SCOOT can help you to realize your ideas.
- 10.00-14.00: Gathering time for those interested in going with MMT and M/S Askholmen to the archipelago to bottom surveying using ROV. Return around 2 pm. MMT offer light food package on board. Data from the survey will be live streamed to land and can be viewed in the workshop.
- 11.00: What is SCOOT? Why was AUV Ran first with going under the doomsday glacier (and making it back!)? Presentation and questions in the workshop
- 12:00: Test a floating drifter – simple platforms giving a lot of information! We deploy a Carthe drifter in the harbour.
- 14:00: Test ASV (autonomous surface/sailing vessel) – extremely robust platform, which can carry many advanced sensors! We deploy SB Kringla (Sailbuoy) in the harbour.
- 15:00: (For those who missed the morning.) What is SCOOT? Why was AUV Ran first under the doomsday glacier (and making it back!)? Presentation and questions in the workshop.